Mohawk Floorscapes® Carpets
Our professional staff can help you find the right carpet for any room and with our wide selection of designer colors, patterns, and textures we will make your job of finding the perfect carpet easier, and more enjoyable. We carry all the major carpet brands and we are an authorized Mohawk Floorscapes® Dealer. Plus, our prices are extremely competitive and our service is unmatched!
For more than 120 years, the name Mohawk® has been synonymous with beautiful carpet. From the skilled hands of Mohawk's craftsmen, an array of colors, styles, and textures have enhanced the homes of many generations of Americans.
In addition to Mohawk, we also carry fine carpets from leading names, such as Shaw, Coronet, Masland, Stanton, and Laura Ashley, which all provide unbelievable choices in carpet fashions in Houston, Texas.
Come in and let the experts at Jack's Carpet help you find the right carpet for your home, or contact us today for a FREE in-home consultation.
Below you will find a brief overview of carpeting styles and fibers to help you decide which one is just right for you.
TEXTURED SAXONY CARPETS
- Textured surface helps hide footprints
- Great casual appearance
- Extremely popular style
- Ideal for active families, can be used in any room
- Textured surface, with knubby appearance
- Extremely durable, long wearing
- Great for active rooms
- One of the most popular styles
- Smooth, soft cut-pile surface
- Versatile in performance and appearance
- Works well with traditional rooms
- Commonly used in formal areas
CUT AND LOOP CARPETS
- Distinctive, carved appearance
- Cut and loops give a variety of surface levels
- Multi-colors help hide stains and traffic
- Can really spice up a room
- Fits a variety of room settings
- Fine, tip sheared surface
- Elegant style, very formal
- Unique, bold look
MULTI-LEVEL LOOPS CARPETS
- Several different levels of loops
- Creates a unique looking pattern effect
- Has a casual appearance
- Very durable, hides traffic well
LEVEL LOOPS CARPETS
- Equal level of loops
- Popular in commercial buildings
- Very durable, hides traffic well
Special Note About Berbers: Berbers are really big, bulky yarns that are either produced in a level loop, or multi-level loop carpet construction. Although many Berbers are made out of olefin fiber, some are made with nylon or a blend of various carpet fibers.
- Nylon Carpets: This is the most popular synthetic carpet fiber used today. It offers tremendous value, performance, and ease of maintenance. Nylon provides brilliant colors and hides soil and traffic well.
- Triexta SmartStrand Carpets: This is a a highly durable, stain resistant fiber. Similar in composition to Nylon, it has a casual appearance with a matte finish.
- Olefin Carpets: This fiber is also called polypropylene and is extremely popular in Berbers and level loops. Olefin carpets are highly stain, static, mold, and mildew resistant. They can be used for indoor or outdoor carpets, including outdoor turf. Their resistance to matting and crushing are not as good as a nylon fiber.
- Polyester Carpets: Gives excellent color clarity with a soft feel to the carpet. Lacks the durability of a nylon carpet.
- Acrylic Carpets: Has a real wool look and appearance. Used mainly in level loops, bath mats, and some velvet carpet styles. Offers good mold and mildew resistance with low static levels.
- Wool Carpets: Although somewhat expensive, wool still offers great bulk, performance, and an elegant look.